Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lake Powell Trip w/Friends










Wow...we just got back from a fantastic 4 days at Lake Powell! We have never been and to be honest, I wasn't too sure if I would like it because I don't like heat. Cancel that thought!!! The weather was in the high 80's with a breeze and it was beautiful! Our friends have a timeshare in a huge houseboat w/4 bedrooms and we had a wonderful time. I tried reading, "The Undaunted" before going, so when I got to "Hole in the Rock", I would understand what had happened there. I tried climbing up the rock, but only got 1/2 way up (Chuck yelled that he didn't want to be a single mom). Larry made it to the top. We also went to Rainbow Bridge Arch. They had their ski boat so we could go through unbelievable canyons. We beached on a fantastic huge beach at Padre Bay and slept on top of the houseboat so we could look at the stars and enjoy the sounds of the water at night. I have now finished the book and have to go back so I know what to look for! It was truly a beautiful trip. We called Kristy to tell her where we were in the lake and she said to look at "Cookie Jar" and that's where they had docked. It made it more fun knowing and seeling places she had just been too.

1 comment:

  1. wow, those are some beautiful pictures! I'm glad you guys had fun. Now I want to go down there!

    ReplyDelete