Saturday, September 26, 2009

Branson Trip










We just got back from our trip to Branson, MO. and Independence, MO. 14 hours of driving in one day is exhausting! Our trip was wonderful though. We went with friends, Ken and Carolyn. We started in Denver (where I left my nightgown in the bathroom and Chuck his jacket in the closet) and then headed for Independence. We went to all the historical church sites and saw beautiful, lush trees and greenery everywhere. Then we headed for Branson for a week and stayed in our timeshare (gorgeous) and saw a multitude of shows. It was really refreshing to listen to every show and have every entertainer state their love for the veterans, country and God. What a family-oriented place. We never had to worry about what we might hear. There were a lot of "older" people there, but boy were they having fun! (Of course, we didn't fit into that category!). On one day, I won the prize at the first show, the prize at the second show and for the third show that day...I was picked out of the audience to come on stage and dance! (I should have been in Vegas!!!). Sorry if I embarassed anyone who might have been watching! I know I was dying!! Seems like all we did was eat at different places. I HAD MY PICTURE TAKEN WITH BILL MEDLEY and PAUL REVERE and THE RAIDERS!!! Life is complete now. I will never go back to Lake of the Ozarks though...WAY TOO MANY BIG SPIDERS!!! Freaky! One wolf spider had thousands of babies on her back...yuk! We saw fantastic shows - definitely worth it. We'll be going back. A sign I saw in an Amish store is my new thought for life...

4 comments:

  1. Ilove Branson it is fun and I loved seeing all the older people having such a great time.Wait a minute I am one of those old timers the 50's and 60's are over!!I think maybe before long I may finally grow up.Maybe Not!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like fun. gross spider! glad your home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like so much fun! We can't wait to go back there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Deb, I gave you an award for your blog, check out my blog at
    http://dogmomdiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete