Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Train Ride-400 E 200 N in Lindon
















Wednesday night, we had all the kids come over for pizza and then we piled into cars and drove to Lindon. Our friend from the Bishop's Storehouse has a train on his property and every year decorates his place for the holidays and you can ride the train through all of it. (It's a two-mile track around the whole block...which is his and his childrens')...it was unbelievable. It was freezing cold...because Winter has decided to come early!...but that just made it more holidayish. We bundled up and went through various tents with special effects until it was time to go into the barn to watch "Nightmare Before Christmas". It was warm inside...aaaahhhh...and then we were dismissed to go into another area for the train. We sat down and were entertained with a high-tech talking pumpkin with blinking lights in the dark. What a lightshow! Then we went outside to the train. This was a miniature train (like we used to have in Newcastle)and was a little tricky getting in. There were 21 of us in the family. I straddled the train and then "poured" my feet into the train and prayed I wouldn't fall out. Poor Dan was behind me and was sitting on the back of the car instead of the seat! We started our journey through the dark with "things" jumping out at us throughout the evening and at every corner of the track. There are 75 neighbors that help him put this event on ...and these kids are goooooood! We went through tunnels that were decked out with creatures and eerie music and lights. It was unbelievable. Chuck jumped, I jumped and screamed like a little girl...and it was fantastic. They do an unbelievable job and they do it for fun, no admission fee, for the neighbors to enjoy. The only downside was Paige ended up being the last seat on the train and the "things" came up behind her and scared the jeebies out of her. She cried. The sweet thing was a lot of the kids afterwards took off their masks and showed her they were kids just like her. They were so sweet...she still cried. I felt badly (didn't know she was on the end). Little James stayed in the car with John. He does better in the daytime. There are nice people in this world who are very unselfish. They need to be focused on....not all the negativity we hear in the news.

We have a party tonight, one tomorrow night and get to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters...Happy Halloween everyone and Happy Birthday Blain (born on Halloween)!

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I just found your blog because I did a google search for the Halloween train in Lindon. I live in Orem and my sister (in PG) went last year. We can't remember the name or number of the location of the train. I know you don't know me, but my sisters and I really want to take our little kids either tonight or tomorrow. I would really appreciate if you could let me know. (my email is amychariton@hotmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd also love to have the address. Please email me at sarahsolen at hotmail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so much fun! I can't believe how much effort they put into that! I want to go back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For those who requested information, you can find it at http://www.stringtown.us/railroad/nightmareexpress

    ReplyDelete