Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Partial Family Reunion...Girls Made It!
























We tried to get the family to Disneyland w/grandkids. We had rooms, then canceled rooms...then reserved a room and another one to combine for one week...then canceled. Finally ended up w/the original 3 rooms. Dad even canceled on us for a trip to Moab...then found out (after I canceled OUR room) that the trip had been moved to June. He stayed home in the 3 inches of snow that fell.

We were sad that Dave and family couldn't make it. Jay and family couldn't make it and Rob and family couldn't make it. They all had to work (which is understandable and school still had one week to go). Rob had court smack in the middle of his vacation, so they couldn't go. Kamryn was heartbroken. The girls got Independent Studies for their kids. We will definitely get the boys down there. The timeshare was awesome and really close to Disneyland. It's 14 stories high and faced the park, so we saw the fireworks from the balcony. The kids had a great time. The pool was perfect for kicking back. They enjoyed night swimming.

We spent Sunday at my brother's and had a barbeque with my nephew, his family and my nieces and their families. The kids played in the pool and enjoyed each other's company.

Disney was awesome. Perfect time of the year to go because it's just before Memorial Weekend. Walked on to almost all of the big rides. Food is ridiculously expensive. We brought in PBJ sandwiches and snacks and did just fine. A couple of nights we hit Denny's for dinner. Hayley ended up in a wheelchair...she slammed her already hurt knee and it was all bruised. She was really hurting...so she got to relax and ride.

We had made plans to see Barb, but her cousin was in town and things got crazy, so it never materialized. All in all, my knee survived considering all the walking I did. I hurt it at the Santa Monica Pier w/Kristy and Blain while walking. One of the planks went down a little and I didn't see it, so when I stepped....it caught me off guard. I thought I was going to throw up, it hurt so bad. Two months is toooooo long for this pain. Dan got me an Ace bandage that I wore at the park.

The kids had a great time and for some strange reason....everyone went to bed as soon as we got back to the timeshare....hmmmm.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a great time! So funny when I called Kelli and she was like, "We're at Disneyland right now..." I was so jealous! I hope to see you guys at Averie's blessing on Sunday. If you can't make it, don't worry, but it would be so great to see you! It will be at our church that is on 4570 W (Legacy Ranch Blvd) and just off 126th South in Riverton at 1 pm. If you are driving west on 126th South (like you are going to my house), take a left at the intersection by the Maverick (4570 W). The church house will be on the left hand side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wouldn't miss it! Can't wait to see your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard to get our families together but it sounds like the ones who could go had a great time.Kim and Dan sure had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany Bracelets adornment is affected in style, aerial in design, this appearance altogether reflect the agreeableness of delicacy and fashion. Having the name of your aggregation printed on the t shirts, promotional mugs, promotional pens, promotional cups and USB keeps the name of your aggregation at the beginning of your clients.

    ReplyDelete