Friday, August 20, 2010

Peek-A-Boo !





Thought I'd like to share what the last week has been like. Dad and I started the retaining wall around the garden. Naturally, he is doing the majority of the work...the hard stuff. My job is filling dirt inbetween the bricks and behind them and pounding the dirt down. Poor dad has to lay the first row on the hardest dirt on the face of the earth !!

After the first row, the rest is a piece of cake. Anyway, I decided to take a pic of the garden which is going crazy. We didn't really plan on putting one in because of everything else going on. But...we thought we'd try it. TONS of pumpkin and squash. Onions, tomatoes, watermelon and corn. While taking a picture, I saw a rabbit shoot by me under the leaves. Dad is trying to find it.

Keep you posted. It's almost completed...yea!

4 comments:

  1. Looks nice, I am going to plant next year, we had too much going on this spring with carl recovering from his shoulder surgery...he did those bricks all along the back and they are back busters..
    I hope the rabbit made a run for it. they need to eat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garden looks great you will be doing a lot of canning with all those veggies. Our Mission is almost over two more weeks. We will have some extra time hope to come down and see the garden before winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks great! I can't wait until we have a garden of our own some day. That looks like a lot of work though. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a person who loves Replica Longines Watches , I've inherited my grandfather's small but old collection of watches when I was younger. Although I avoid wearing them on a daily basis, for specific occasions, I like to take them out and wear them, particularly for family functions.

    ReplyDelete